[vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Tue Feb 1 13:53:41 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus D. Hanwell [mailto:marcus.hanwell at kitware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:17 PM
To: Joseph Melnyk
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels
> If there are bugs you can report them in our bug tracker, and I will of course look into them.

I'm not certain that they're bugs yet and not just misuse!  But I will keep this in mind as I work them out.

> I have never used used PictureBox and am unfamiliar with CLI (other than to mean command line interface). I have not seen these bugs,
> and you can look at ParaView as an example of an application where these properties are manipulated and tested on Windows, Mac and Linux
> operating systems.

A couple of these do appear under Win32 with minor changes to the tests.  I'll work out these details before submitting any bugs.

> It sounds like something strange is happening, these functions are well tested in VTK and ParaView and I have not seen any regressions.

It very likely is.  The issue with vtkPlot->SetLabel blanking the name in the legend is new to 5.6.8, however; and this is certainly reproducible with the tests.

> It could be, I am not familiar with your development environment. It sounds like something pretty bad is happening for things to
> keep going blank - perhaps a bad build? We test routinely using Visual Studio
> 2008 and 2010 on Windows, and the tests seem to pass there without issue.

I'm using C++/CLI to wrap my use of the VTK lib into managed/.NET code, then placing these onto a Windows form.  Again, no issues at all with the 5.6.1 release in this setting.  So it's likely that it's a bad build or something I've entirely overlooked.

__Scanned by MessageLabs