[vtkusers] Problem in migrating from 32bit version of VTK to 64bit version of VTK..

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 05:51:10 EST 2011

Hi folks,

In order to handle large dataset, I migrated from 32-bit mode of VTK to
64-bit version of VTK. I configured VTK on windows 7 64-bit machine with
the help of CMAKE and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. The code compiled on
32bit machine worked very well.

When I compiled my application targeting for 64-bit machine, on 64bit
windows 7 machine, I observed that vtkDelaunay2D crashed during
triangulation. Then I tested the same by compiling 32bit version of my
application on same 64bit windows machine. Again I got same result (i.e.
app crashed during triangulation). I thought it would be data problem. So I
tested the same data with my earlier application( 32bit version of my
application on 32-bit machine) There it worked very well.

So what I observed is that, irrespective of in what mode (32 or 64) the
application is compiled on 64bit machine, my application crashes during
triangulation. Whereas it works on 32bit machine. Anyone knows why is this
behavior? Is there any settings to be done in CMAKE or Visual Studio while
configuring VTK for building 64-bit mode of VTK?

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me the procedure or any link to
build 64bit version of VTK with CMAKE and Visual Studio on 64bit Windows 7.

Thanks

Regards
Rakesh Patil