[vtkusers] Is it possible to keep the original Ids for picking after vtkClipPolyData?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:37:04 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Hong Yi <hongyi at renci.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Many thanks for the pointer. I have replaced vtkClipPolyData with
vtkMapper::AddClippingPlane and picking and highlighting are working now as
expected. However, I'd like to achieve the same clipping functionality as
"InsideOutOn" in vtkClipPolyData. Is there an equivalent property such as
"InsideOutOn" in vtkMapper when a clipping plane is added? I know I can
probably invert clipping plane normal to achieve this, but thought there
might be a nicer way to achieve this.

There is no InsideOut equivalent, it is necessary to flip the normal.

 - David