[vtkusers] vtkStreamer::Integrate does not return for some points

Raine Yeh raine.yeh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:43:35 EDT 2011

Problem: When trying to generate streamlines for some points in a flow field
data, vtkStreamer::Integrate() does not return.

I'm trying to create streamlines on the "combq.bin" and "combxyz.bin" files
from VTK Data,
I set the streamer start location at {6.21832, -3.01398, 29.3924} (the
midpoint of cell 20010 of the comb data), and called Integrate(), and the
function would not return.

It happens to quite a few points in the flow field, but not all of them.
Also, Integrate() returns fine if I set MaximumPropagationTimeto less than
0.3, but it wouldn't return for MaximumPropagationTime= 0.4 for this
particular case.

I do notice that the streamline is approaching the edge of the flow field
when it integrates, but many other points return fine when the streamline
goes out of bound, why would this one not?

Is there a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?