[vtkusers] Is it possible to keep the original Ids for picking after vtkClipPolyData?

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Fri Apr 29 17:16:56 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Many thanks for the pointer. I have replaced vtkClipPolyData with vtkMapper::AddClippingPlane and picking and highlighting are working now as expected. However, I'd like to achieve the same clipping functionality as "InsideOutOn" in vtkClipPolyData. Is there an equivalent property such as "InsideOutOn" in vtkMapper when a clipping plane is added? I know I can probably invert clipping plane normal to achieve this, but thought there might be a nicer way to achieve this.

I will work on a small sample of code that demonstrates the id change problem in vtkClipPolyData and post the sample code to the list.

Thanks again,

Hong