[vtkusers] vtkImageAccumulate

Ula Popov ula.popov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:52:45 EDT 2011

Hi Liam,

this is how I usually add arrays to image data

        vtkDataArray *Velocity;
        Velocity = Velocity->CreateDataArray(VTK_DOUBLE);
        Velocity->SetNumberOfComponents(3);
        Velocity->SetNumberOfTuples(grid->GetNumberOfPoints());
        Velocity->SetName("vertexVelocity");
        grid->GetPointData()->AddArray(Velocity);

        vtkDataArray *Density;
        Density =Density ->CreateDataArray(VTK_DOUBLE);
        Density->SetNumberOfComponents(1);
        Density ->SetNumberOfTuples(grid->GetNumberOfPoints());
        Density->SetName("Density");
        grid->GetPointData()->AddArray(Density);

I checked my arrays, they look ok.
I was able to calculate avg just using for-loop,
but I'd still like to understand/use vtk functions for
these tasks.

Thank you,
ula