[vtkusers] Is it possible to keep the original Ids for picking after vtkClipPolyData?

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Fri Apr 29 16:33:30 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using vtkClipPolyData to clip polydata geometry in combination with vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2. It works well but apparently after clipping, the original Ids corresponding to each point (in my case, an atom) in polydata geometry is recomputed. Since I am using the original Ids for picking and highlighting the corresponding residues in another view window, after clipping, the picking and highlighting does not pick the right atom and residue because the Ids are changed after clipping. Is there a way to keep the original Ids after clipping?

Thanks for any pointers on this,

Hong