[vtkusers] vtkImageActor for 10 bit displays?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:43:05 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

Some (maybe most?) 10-bit displays use a 24-bit RGB to 10-bit
greyscale conversion.  In other words, they are designed to work with
standard 24-bit frame buffers and 24-bit DVI cables.  The 24-bit to
10-bit conversion may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but the
basic idea is that you can achieve 10-bit display simply by applying
the correct RGB lookup table in VTK when displaying the image.

Is there a specific 10-bit monitor that you are planning to use?

 - David