[vtkusers] Cone Example errors Build for Visual Studio

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Wed Sep 29 17:46:55 EDT 2010

I am making progress  - vtk has been built, and I attempt to run the Sample
Cone Application ..... BUT

Dave P. says " Once you have successfully built everything, building the
INSTALL project should give you a directory under C:\Program Files\VTK\
which contain bin (dlls) lib (.lib) and include (.h) directories. "

Space on Drive C is limited  so I have VTK on D: not C:

  D:\Program Files\VTK\ which contain bin (dlls) lib (.lib) and include (.h)
directories. "

My Path variable contains  D:\Program Files\VTK

When I rebuild my ConeFor2008 application, I encounter Error 2 below when I

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"  // I have includes
here also

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkRenderer.h"

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkPolyDataMapper.h"

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkProperty.h"

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkActor.h"

//                                      No errors with all of the above
active

//==========================================================================
========

// There is a  vtkConeSource.h in the include folder, but

#include "d:\vtk560\include\vtkConeSource.h"  // But this include generates
Error 2 below

Error      2              fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'vtkstd/string': No such file or directory
d:\vtk560\include\vtkStdString.h             25           ConeFor2008

Any ideas ???

Bob