[vtkusers] Java Bindings, memory leak, gdi object leak. Bug 552 not fixed?

Nathan P Sharp vtkusers at nps.parcellsharp.net
Thu Jan 7 15:25:25 EST 2010

It appears that maybe Bug 552 is not really fixed.

http://vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-January/021888.html

I'm running a slightly modified version of the TestVTKCanvas.java sample
program.  It loops 3 times creating two frames each time.  One frame has
a vtkCanvas in it, the other does not.  The one with the vtkCanvas in it
never has its finalizer called and several GDI objects are leaked
according to the Windows Task Manager.

My platform is Windows Vista in a VM.  I am using the "proxy finalize"
patched version of VTK from
git://gitorious.org/~dbarbier/kitware/dbarbier-vtk.git vtk-test.  (See
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2009-December/104955.html )
which contains the patch mentioned in the bug.

I expect to see the Runnable finalizer called 3 times and the label
finalizer called 6 times.  Instead I just see 3 calls to the label's
finalizer.   If I comment out the line that adds the TestVTKCanvas2 to
the frame, then all finalizers are called as expected.

  Nathan