[vtkusers] Can we have overlapping viewports

Steven Ferrell ferr.mail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 03:22:14 EST 2010

I believe you may also want to set layers if you want to create overlaid
viewports that have no background (like a 3d axis rendered in a separate
rederer within a renderwindow).

virtual void SetNumberOfLayers<http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a01192.html#270c62e248c8a479ec61b839e3a4c4d8>(int)
virtual void SetLayer<http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a01187.html#5621b2f66530f887d930ac21860f963e>(int)

Here's an example, it doesn't use layers, but that would just be a couple of
extra lines of code:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-September/007992.html