[vtkusers] fastest render method for spheres...?!

Benjamin Frigan frigan at itap.physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 4 12:58:22 EST 2010

I forgot to ask the following:
I know that in OpenGL, when you render a large amount of objects, you
can use something that is called "Backface Culling". Then, all faces
that are facing away from the camera because they are always covered by
faces that are facing towards the camera. Is this implemented in VTK by
default or do I have to enable it somehow?

I've read that VMD (apparently quite popular molecular visualizer) can
handle thousands of molecules + connections without any problems, with
high sphere resolution!!!

Francois,
I will take a look into that.

Ben