[vtkusers] Rendering to images without X (Linux)?

Андрей Траченко goodrone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:20:37 EDT 2010

After manually building VTK 5.6.0 with VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA I've
managed to run C++ offscreen example. libosmesa6 is 7.7.1-1ubuntu2,
installed from repository.

However, I'm interested in offscreen rendering from Python, but
currently I only get a black image (and correct results without
offscreen). My script essentially does the same thing as the C++
example.

Thank you for your help!