[vtkusers] Rendering to images without X (Linux)?

Liam Kurmos quantum.leaf at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 27 05:07:12 EDT 2010

> "You must turn on VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA in the VTK advanced build
> configuration."

on this subject:

I find that offscreen rendering works fine except that it causes
overwhelming memory leaks in my code. Is this a known issue with
offscreen rendering? is it osmesa dependant? I dont remember
configuring anything with it when i built this ubuntu 5.6 version but
apart from the leaks everything work. I'm calling GetRGBAPixelData() a
lot, but other than that only basic rendering.

Liam