[vtkusers] Hounsfield Units of Human body part

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Thu Aug 26 11:06:38 EDT 2010

Hello Chasan,

The VTK DICOM readers already take the Rescale Slope and Intercept
values into account.  The voxel values from DICOMReader are already in
HU so the offset should not be applied.

The definition of Rescale Slope and Rescale Intercept can be found in
the DICOM Standard Part 3:

*         Rescale Intercept             (0028,1052)

The value b in relationship between stored values (SV) and the output
units.  Output units = m*SV+b

*         Rescale Slope                    (0028,1053)

m in the equation specified in Rescale Intercept (0028,1052).

                                -- Scott