[vtkusers] Hounsfield Units of Human body part

Chasan KIOUTSOUKMOUSTAFA chasank at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 13:59:47 EDT 2010

HUofAir = (double)(reader->GetPixelRepresentation() * reader->GetRescaleSlope()) + (double) reader->GetRescaleOffset();
// HuofAir represents -1000 HU
HUofBone = HUofAir + 2250.0;  // 1250 HU for Bone
HUofMuscle = HUofAir + 1050.0; // 50 HU for Muscle
HUofFat = HUofAir + 880; // -120 HU for Fat

so, this code must calculate the exact HU value.. Am i right ?
I've four different types of DICOM datasets, two of them is nearly optimal, However other ones optimal bone value is about 200 HU..
is HU values is so dependent to patient ? what can be ?

Chasan KIOUTSOUKMOUSTAFA