[vtkusers] Combining 2D circular planes into 3 D toroid

lavesh gupta laveshgu at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 23 13:50:11 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am Lavesh Kumar Gupta, I am a graduate student at Rutgers University. I am
working on the below mentioned visualization problem and I am stuck at the
final step.

I am visualizing plasma dataset inside the cyclotron. The dataset contains
of 33 2-D circular planes which are formed by combining triangle meshes. The
dataset contains of coordinates (coordinates.txt), triangle mesh
values(triangleMesh.txt) and the scalars(intensityValues_65_2.txt).

I also have one more dataset "nextnode.txt" which describes how to combine
these 2D planes in 3D in the form of a torus. (Nextnode tells how
coordinates in each plane connects with the coordinates in other plane.)

I successfully constructed 2-D circular planes, *but I am not able to
combine these 2D planes in 3D*. Any suggestions will prove to be of great
help.

Thanks

Regards,