[vtkusers] 2D API with multiple renderers

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Aug 18 14:31:00 EDT 2010

Hey,

Has anyone tried using the 2D API with multiple renderers / viewports (like in Charts/Testing/Cxx/TestMultipleChartRenderers.cxx), but actually including interaction? The way the mouse events are coded in things like vtkChartXY, it's based on vtkContextMouseEvent mouse.ScreenPos, which doesn't seem to take viewports into account, but just looks at where the mouse is in the window. (e.g. If I have chart in the top half of a render window, to control selections I have to interact with the bottom half of the window, as if the chart was being rendered there.)

Since I just started to play with multiple viewports to test some possibilities, I was wondering if there are standard ways of dealing with the mouse position mapping that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
-Eric