[vtkusers] GUI integration

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:25:21 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Alex Southern <mrapsouthern at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I have found Qt to be great for Gui design in general, easy to setup (takes
> a while to build though) and simple to learn, although I must add given my
> recent experience not so straight forward to setup with VTK :)...
>
> Im trying to do this right now, you may have seen my recent posts (Titled:
> VTK and QT Projects). I had not seen the examples at the link you provided.
> I just wondered about the line that says, to use QVTKWidget in the QT
> Designer, you must:
>
> sudo cp ~/bin/VTK/bin/libQVTKWidgetPlugin.so /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer
>
> where do I need to execute this line of code? In visual studio command
> prompt maybe?
>
> Thanks
> Alex.

Alex,

That line is not going to work in windows. All it does is copy the VTK
library (which will probably be called something
like libQVTKWidgetPlugin.dll in your case) into the Qt directory (my guess
would be something like c:\Program Files\qt4\plugins\designer

As you go along, could you add similar instructions "For Windows"?

Thanks,

David