[vtkusers] GUI integration

Alex Southern mrapsouthern at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:11:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have found Qt to be great for Gui design in general, easy to setup
(takes a while to build though) and simple to learn, although I must add
given my recent experience not so straight forward to setup with VTK :)...

Im trying to do this right now, you may have seen my recent posts
(Titled: VTK and QT Projects). I had not seen the examples at the link
you provided. I just wondered about the line that says, to use
QVTKWidget in the QT Designer, you must:

sudo cp ~/bin/VTK/bin/libQVTKWidgetPlugin.so /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer

where do I need to execute this line of code? In visual studio command
prompt maybe?

Thanks
Alex.