[vtkusers] Interpolation of data..

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Fri Apr 23 10:46:04 EDT 2010

vtkProbeFlter will probe the scalar values at
each spatial location of your scattered points: you
need to have scalar, vector, or tensor data associated
with the grid's points:
scatterG->GetPointData()->SetScalars( some_vtkDataArray );

the vtkProbeFilter will not interpolate any coordinate
values like x , y,  z locations.  If you have depth values
in a vtkDataArray that correspond to the x, y, z locations
in your scatterG grid, then this should work.  Does anyone know if
maybe the input to the probe filter needs to be a structured data set like
vtkPolyData? By the sound of your grid's name "mesh" , this sounds like
structured
data.  Can it be converted to a vtkPolyData?
Also, you allocate a smart pointer as:
vtkSmartPointer<vtkProbeFilter> probe =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkProbeFilter>::New()

Dean