[vtkusers] How to average different meshes (from surface points)?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Tue Oct 27 16:04:50 EDT 2009

On 26/10/09 17:20:23, Arnaud GELAS wrote:
> Can you send one image of the results please?

I've  attached  a  montage  of  SetNeighborhoodSize variing from 20 to 37. The
colour variation has no meaning,  (I  think).  Some  incorrect  surface  flaps
appear  more  often  than  others  but only the fitting surface (more detailed
part) seems to be stationary (at least to some useful approximation).
Would some kind of averaging do magick here?
Which would be better: adding up  vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter  output  (for
different  SetNeighborhoodSize  values)  as  is  or  using  contour points for
vtkGaussianSplatter average these and countur again?

Many thanks.
Lynx