[vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP

Lars Friedrich Lars lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 10:04:30 EST 2009

Hello,

I just would like to report a solution to the problem outlined in the previous mail:

It seems to be a pure QVTKWidget problem; after resizing the QVTKWidget invoking the following code-cascade works to successfully render the complete viewport:
qvtk->markCachedImageAsDirty();
qvtk->saveImageToCache();
qvtk->GetRenderWindow()->Render();

However, it is really interesting that this problem occurs on Windows XP only ...
I must admit that it is a very special situation as the Qt-based GUI is implemented within a DLL and called via a Delphi-client-application. You can read more about the related signal/slot problems here: http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-November/014826.html

Maybe there are other people struggling around with similar problems who can take advantage of this 'solution'.

regards,

lars

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:31:22 +0100
> Von: "Lars Friedrich Lars" <lars-friedrich at gmx.net>
> An: vtkusers at vtk.org
> Betreff: [vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP

> Hello,
>
> I have an application which uses multiple QVTKWidgets to render different
> scenes (as shown on the attached screen shots). During run-time I can
> resize the widgets' size with the help of splitters. Normally a VTK-scene (the
> vtkRenderWindow ...) immediately adapts to the QVTKWidget's size. But on
> windows XP I am facing serious problems: as can be seen von the second screen
> shot, the vtkRenderWindow gets cut at the bottom.
>
> Did someone face similiar problems?
>
> It may the worth to annotate that the interactor (e.g. rotating the
> camera) still works in the cut area at the bottom, but the scene is not rendered.
> Furthermore, this problem solely exists on Windows XP (32 and 64 bit) - it
> works on Windows 2000 / Vista / 7. It also works in an ordinary executable
> on Windows XP, but not when my user interface is called out of a DLL.
>
> I guess there are some problems with some openGL buffers in the background
> and the device context. Are there possibilities to force the render window
> to reallocate its buffer?
>
> Can you help me, please? I am kind of desperate.
>
> regards,
>
> lars
>
> --

Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02