[vtkusers] QVTK resizing on Windows XP

Lars Friedrich Lars lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Mon Nov 23 14:31:22 EST 2009

Hello,

I have an application which uses multiple QVTKWidgets to render different scenes (as shown on the attached screen shots). During run-time I can resize the widgets' size with the help of splitters. Normally a VTK-scene (the vtkRenderWindow ...) immediately adapts to the QVTKWidget's size. But on windows XP I am facing serious problems: as can be seen von the second screen shot, the vtkRenderWindow gets cut at the bottom.

Did someone face similiar problems?

It may the worth to annotate that the interactor (e.g. rotating the camera) still works in the cut area at the bottom, but the scene is not rendered.
Furthermore, this problem solely exists on Windows XP (32 and 64 bit) - it works on Windows 2000 / Vista / 7. It also works in an ordinary executable on Windows XP, but not when my user interface is called out of a DLL.

I guess there are some problems with some openGL buffers in the background and the device context. Are there possibilities to force the render window to reallocate its buffer?

Can you help me, please? I am kind of desperate.

regards,

lars