[vtkusers] vtkLandmarkTransform incorrect results?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:06:15 EST 2009

Hi David,

The vtkLandmarkTransform requires that the two sets of vtkPoints are
homologous with each other, i.e. they must each represent the same set
of landmarks listed in the same order.  Using it to register polydata
by taking the points from each data set is a bad idea, since the
points are probably not going to be homologous.  You should use
iterative closest point instead.

    David