[vtkusers] vtkLandmarkTransform incorrect results?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:47:46 EST 2009

I have written a filter to compute and apply a LandmarkTransform to a
polydata. An explanation along with a paraview plugin of the filter
are here: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView#Registration
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/e/e0/LandmarkTransformPlugin.zip).

With three landmarks
(http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/LandmarkTransformFilter/Working),
the transform works correctly. However, with many landmarks
(http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/LandmarkTransformFilter/NotWorking),
the transform doesn't produce the correct result - the transformed
dataset does not get scaled nearly enough to match the target dataset.

Can anyone comment on this? I though as the number of landmarks
increased the transformation should become a better estimate?

Thanks,

David