[vtkusers] vtkLandmarkTransform incorrect results?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:59:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> The vtkLandmarkTransform requires that the two sets of vtkPoints are
> homologous with each other, i.e. they must each represent the same set
> of landmarks listed in the same order.  Using it to register polydata
> by taking the points from each data set is a bad idea, since the
> points are probably not going to be homologous.  You should use
> iterative closest point instead.
>
>    David

One was created by the vtkConeSource and the other was created by
applying a TransformFilter to that source. The points should (I'd
imagine) therefore be homologous. I have it working by selecting three
landmarks (maybe more reasonable anyway), but Sven brought up a good
point (off list) that this particular example didn't work and we both
think it should.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks,

David