[vtkusers] UsingGetResolveCoincidentTopologyPolygonOffsetParameters etc

Andrew Cunningham andrewc at mac.com
Mon May 11 20:13:06 EDT 2009

Hi John,
	I am bashing my head against the proverbial wall with this one...I
have added the various necessary calls to the static members of
vtkMapper:: and ... no change- although the geometry is drawn as
expected, no offsets are applied.

Searching through the vtk code base shows only two relevant places
where glPolygonOffset could be called - but isn't.

- vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::Draw ( this method is never called, I am
not clear why). A vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper is never even created.
- vtkOpenGLCoincidentTopologyResolutionPainter::RenderInternal

But....vtkOpenGLCoincidentTopologyResolutionPainter gets it's
information about 'CoincidentTopology' settings from a vtkInformation
* object and ignores the static globals in vtkMapper.

I simply wrap my vtkUnstructuredGrid in a vtkDataSetMapper.

PS this is VTK 5.4

Andrew

On May 9, 2009, at 4:22 PM, John Platt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, create 2 actors. I usually add the actors to a vtkAssembly and
> add the assembly to the renderer. This ensures the actors stay
> together.
>
> HTH
>
> John.

Andrew