[vtkusers] build vtk libs using Visual Studio 2005 (for dummies)

mschira mark.schira at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:58:09 EDT 2009

Hm, maybe I should try 2.6

So I did. And it looks a bit more ensuring. Though I get the impression
that's all :-(

When I am done with the configuring and the generating, i get a few
warnings, none of these seems fatal to me. When I turn of the warnings the
output is simple and reassuring,
configuring done
generating done

So that looks like a success to me though I still can't find
vtkFiltering.lib, vtkGraphics.lib or vtkCommon.lib.

One of the warnings confuses me

"...  and other libraries with known full path:

    C:/VTK50source/binaries/bin/Debug/vtkFiltering.lib"

Oh sweet vtkFiltering.lib so close but still unreachable, the directory
C:/VTK50source/binaries/bin/ simply doesn't exist.
M.