[vtkusers] build vtk libs using Visual Studio 2005 (for dummies)

mschira mark.schira at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:23:21 EDT 2009

John M. Drescher wrote:

> I have been using it for almost a year now, on XP SP3, linux, Win2k3
> Advanced Server and on XP64. Yes I do use all 4 daily, good thing all
> my code is in cvs.. I have little experience with 2.4 so I can not
> really help with the difference. However I can tell you that
> cmake-gui.exe is much better CMakeSetup.exe at setting variables and
> dealing with problems in your CMakeLists.txt files.
>
> John

Hm, maybe I should try 2.6

I worked the step by step list from Jeremy Drysdale, and well - I can't
really say weather it is a success or not. When I press the OK button after
the configure thing, CMakeSetup builds something and then disappears. Not
sure if that's a crash or normal behaviour.  I get a hole bunch of file in
the directory I specified as the build target, so I guess that's not a total
failure :-)
The thing is I don't get any .lib files. In particular I look for
vtkCommon.lib vtkFiltering.lib and  vtkGraphics.lib (those are the files my
matlab function wants to compile).
So where do I go wrong? Ideas?
M.