[vtkusers] Problem with vtkcolor transfer function

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:54:22 EDT 2009

Hi Albert;
You have implemented a SSD(shaded surface display) method. With this
method you are creating polygonal data, you must create a volume for
using vtkColorTransferFunction. For seeing vessels and soft tissues, you
must read about hounsfield unit(to understand the meaning of scalar
values), VRT(volume rendering technique)(to understand how to create a
volume from medical image data), vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D(to understand
how to map a texturizedvolume), vtkImplicitFunction (to understand how
to set the opacities of scalar values) and vtkColorTransferFunction(to
understand how to set the colors of scalar values)...I suggest you to
check the demo version of IQ-VIEW
http://www.image-systems.biz/en/products/iq-system-pacs/workstation-software/iq-view-3d.html
for understanding the basics of these medical methods...