[vtkusers] How to extract inner faces of intersecting meshes?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Thu Dec 3 15:35:55 EST 2009

Hello!

I  need  to extract the inner faces of a big mesh that intersects with a small
mesh. It doesn't have to be a proper boolean intersection like a  cookie  cut.
Just the faces that are completly inside the smaller mesh would be sufficient.
The meshes are discret marching cube meshes and should all be closed surfaces.
My  blender python script did all this nicly with a test data set but now with
my actual big dataset it would run a few years to finish:-(
Is there a chance to do this with vtk to speed things up?
I'm wondering if http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.htm would be of any help here to realize this?

Any help or hints are very much appreciated.
Thanks
Lynx