[vtkusers] Activiz users? Cannot add Kitware.VTK.dll to toolbox.

mavsol lslade at maverick-solutions.com
Thu Dec 3 14:56:42 EST 2009

Since I am a new user - as yet without the book - plus more comfortable in VB
and C# I thought I would try ActiViz personal edition and upgrade to
commercial if it worked for me.

Following the instructions in the Activiz.net users Guide I am adding the
Kitware.VTK.dll to toolbox. I am using C# Express 2005. I am getting an
error " C:\Program Files (x86)\Activiz.NET 5.4.2\bin\Kitware.VTK.dll is not
a Microsoft .NET module.

Also the wikipedia and file browser examples don't run out of the box. They
complain of missing files. I wondered if it was because of the (x86) in the
path but that was the installer's default choice.

Meanwhile, I have now found  http://vtkdotnet.sourceforge.net/
http://vtkdotnet.sourceforge.net/  and will try it next.