[vtkusers] build vtk libs using Visual Studio 2005 (for dummies)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 21:49:15 EDT 2009

> Thanks, John.
> So I started the SDK Command Prompt, (I hope that is the right one), i tried
> cmake-gui.exe       and Cmake-gui.exe     and CMake-gui.exe
>
> but all I got was
> 'cmake-gui.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external command
>
> (I also tried the prompt via the visual studio start page then selecting
> tools, visual studio command prompt looks identical, so I guess it is two
> names for the same thing. BTW.: got the same error message)
>
> So what did I wrong?

If you are using cmake 2.6.X then its probably not in your path. You
can put the cmake-2.6/bin folder in your path or just  change
directory to the bin folder in cmake.

Or try just opening cmake-gui from explorer. I would create a shortcut
for that and put it on the desktop and get rid of the shortcut to the
deprecated cmake. In most cases you will not need to run this from a
command prompt. I do not do that often.

John