[vtkusers] VTK 5.0 TCL Wrapping

Robert Haines rhaines at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 3 08:57:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

> I am working on a VTK based application using the last version of
> VTK (v5.4). I have managed to make a clean compilation on C++ and
> everything is working fine. The next step will be wrapping the
> classes on tcl. I have been reading about it and the way to do it is
> by using the VTK_WRAP_TCL command in the CMakelist:
>
> VTK_WRAP_TCL (${KIT}TCL LIBRARY_TCL_SRCS ${LIBRARY_SRCS})
> ADD_LIBRARY (${KIT}TCL SHARED ${LIBRARY_TCL_SRCS} ${LIBRARY_SRCS})
>
> I am working with the last version of cmake (v2.6), in which this
> command VTK_WRAP_TCL is not present. I would like to know how to
> wrap vtk classes without using this command.

VTK_WRAP_TCL was never provided by CMake (as far as I know), it's
provided by VTK itself. If you have a look in VTK/Examples/Build/vtkMy
and VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal you will see two very clear examples
of how to have your own classes built and wrapped in the VTK manner.

The TCL wrapping macro is actually called VTK_WRAP_TCL3 and you will
get access to it when you include UseVTK.cmake for your VTK build, eg:

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})

Hope this helps,
Rob

--
Robert Haines

Research Associate, RealityGrid          Tel. : +44 (0)161 275 6067
Research Computing Services              Fax. : +44 (0)161 275 0637
University of Manchester                 Email: rhaines at manchester.ac.uk
Oxford Road                              Web  : www.realitygrid.org
Manchester, M13 9PL                           : www.rcs.manchester.ac.uk