[vtkusers] display dicom image in vtk

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:44:32 EDT 2009

> Thanks for your reply. It helps a lot. But still slight difference from
> other dicom image viewers.
>
> Another questions is how to determine the number for SetWindow and SetLevel?
> That is ,why is 1000.0 and 400.0?
Just a guess from a file I was using...

You will have to figure out that yourself perhaps with a user option
to dynamically change the window and level. The values for these will
be different for every file. Also dicom header should have some
suggested values.

These are

0028|1050 Window Center
This is the same as Level.

0028|1051 Window Width
This is the same as Window

I do not read my files using vtk so I am not sure how to do that. I
use itk to read the images and the itk to vtk adaptor.

> In my problem, I am using CT image which HU is in the range [-3024, 1436.0 ]
>
> Thanks in advance.
John