[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py cause Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap

Hans-Uwe Rempler rempler at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 29 10:32:12 EDT 2008

Hi list,

hope you can help me out to get rid of an odd error message when trying
to use wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py e.g. even directly like:

---
python /usr/share/python-support/python-vtk/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

(python:30563): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion `!
GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed
---

I'm running VTK 5.0.3 and wx 2.8.7.1 on a Ubuntu 8.04.1 machine. Does
anybody know how to get rid of this error or error message,
respectively? Since this error doesn't seem to cause any problems in my
program i even would be happy if this message could be somehow
suppressed...

Greetings,
Uwe