[vtkusers] Using libVtkQt-1.6 with qt-4.4.1 and vtk-5.0.4

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 18:21:14 EDT 2008

Hi Dennis,
                      Thanks for the info!

I'm already trying to work with the QVTKWidget, using vtk-5.3 and
qt-4.4.2 using Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Xcode-3.1.1.

Just managed to get the widget to appear on a GUI dialog. Will now try
to add some code to render some objects.

I'm trying this with Carbon bindings first, just to ensure that
everything works first.

After that, I'm going to try to see to what extent the QVTKWidget
class will need to be modified to support Cocoa bindings using vtk-5.3
and qt-4.5.x snap-shot release which has Cocoa support.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson