[vtkusers] QVTKWidget paint hangs

John Eke tonee47 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 19:59:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the QVTKWidget, hope someone can please help. For some reason, paintEvents seem to hang. My QVTKWidgets simply displays a png in an image actor. I have several tabs in my QMainWindow, and each tab displays 2 of such QVTKWidgets.

When the app loads and shows the initial tab, both QVTKWidgets on THIS tab paint with no problem. But when I switch to a different tab, one QVTKWidget paints, and the second one refuses to paint UNTIL another random event occurs eg resizing the app, or clicking anywhere on the GUI, even scrolling the mouse.

Has anyone encountered this problem? how can I fix it?

Thanks guys