[vtkusers] Visualizing Vectors

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Oct 15 16:55:22 EDT 2008

You are lucky because there was a discussion about that recently:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-October/subject.html#start

Look for the messages "How to generate a surface normal glyph for a
triangle cell"

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Deshpreet Singh Bedi
<dbedi at astro.cornell.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to visualize vectors, one for (and extending from the
> middle of) each cell that I have created in a given unstructured grid using
> the XML format for my VTK files.  For example, if I have a line consisting
> of three points (cell type is VTK_POLY_LINE), I only want to display one
> vector from the middle of the cell (line).  What is the easiest way to do
> this?
>
> Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you could respond directly to my
> address as it takes a while sometimes to wait for a response in the daily
> digest!
>
> Thanks,
> Desh

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive