[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes

Sylvain Jaume sylvainjaume at gmail.com
Wed May 21 21:38:05 EDT 2008

Hi Prabhat,

1. The first parameter in SetValue is the index of the isosurface (if you
have just one isosurface, use 0). The second parameter defines the intensity
of the isosurface that will be created.
2. To make the cubes bigger, you can apply vtkImageResample and downsample
your volume to a lower resolution. You might need to low pass the
intensities first using vtkImageGaussianSmooth.
3. To process huge volumes, you can use
vtkSliceCubes<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSliceCubes.html>.
This filter only processes 4 slices at a time to reduce its memory
footprint.

HTH,
Sylvain