[vtkusers] bitten by UseLookupTableScalarRange

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Mar 17 07:42:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have set a LUT for my cell scalars so that they can be easily shared
by my face and edge mappers

myScalars->SetLookupTable( myLUT );

For the face mapper I set

faceMapper->UseLookupTableScalarRangeOn();

BUT forget to call the same for the edge mapper!

The result is that the edge mapper updates the table range to match it's
internal range and modifies all the face colours.

Well it's my mistake. but in this instance it would seem more
appropriate to have the range lock in the LUT and not each mapper. If
you fail to call UseLookupTableScalarRangeOn() for every mapper using
the scalars, this feature is defeated.

Thanks for reading,

John.