[vtkusers] a bug in using vtkcontourfilter to filter the output of the vtkprobefilter

王丰敏 wfm0508 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 20:58:25 EDT 2008

The vtk's example
"probeComb.tcl"(/Examples/VisualizationAlgorithms/Tcl/probeComb.tcl
) works well if the plane used to probe the source is contained all in the
source. Yet, there is a *strange phenomenon when we enlarge the plane to
make part of it out of the border of the source -- there are some
"additional" contour lines*, which we do not need, near the intersection of
the plane and boundary of the source.

I enlarge the plane by replacing the 23th line of "probeComb.tcl" with
"transP1 Scale 12 12 12 ".

The same phenomenon doesn't appear in the *paraview* examples. Why? How to
remove the additional contour lines even if the plane has a intersection
with the boundary of the probing-source?