[vtkusers] Problem with vtkVolumeReader in Java

flory florysf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:00:34 EDT 2008

Hello,

       I want to use vtkVolumeReader to read a set of tiff images from which
I want to reconstruct a surface. The vtkTIFFReader does not display
anything(really strange;vtkImageReader  reads data but when I apply
vtkContourFilter the result is not like a surface but several small areas
which have strange shapes...) so I tried to use vtkVolumeReader. This one
gives me the next error:

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x041d3973, pid=5832,
tid=3220
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (10.0-b19 mixed mode, sharing
windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [vtkIOJava.dll+0x13973]
#

It is very strange that is not working  since vtkVolume16Reader works fine
with Medical1.java...My images are 8-bit so I can't use this one.
I would appreciate any advice.
              Thanks,
                          Flory