[vtkusers] Runtime error with wrapped TCL application

Béatrice RAVIER beatrice.ravier at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Thu Mar 20 07:51:55 EDT 2008

I’m trying to wrap my TCL application “myappli.tcl” in which there is the
following instructions :

            lappend auto_path C:/Arpack/Vtk4.2/lib/vtk/tcl

            package require vtk

            package require vtkinteraction

I’m working on Windows and I’m using TclPro1.4 and VTK4.2.

I’m wrapping my TCL application, by using a .bat file which is containing
the following:

"c:\Program Files\TclPro1.4\win32-ix86"\bin\prowrap.exe -uses "" -o
gui_multilayers.exe -relativeto E:\Gui\Metier\Bushings\
E:\Gui\Metier\Bushings\gui_multilayers.tcl -relativeto
C:\Arpack\Images\Metier\Gui_Multilayers_Images.tcl -verbose -executable
"C:\Program Files\TclPro1.4\win32-ix86"\lib\wrapwish83_hutch.in -tcllibrary
C:\Arpack\Vtk4.2\lib\tcl8.3

When I’m running the binary file “myappli.exe” on my own machine where
TclPro is installed, everything is OK. The application is running well.

BUT when I run the same “myappli.exe” on another machine (a client machine)
where TclPro is not (and should not be) installed, the run fails with the
following message:

“Cannot find package vtk while executing “package require vtk”

On the client machine, like on my own machine, I have the same directory
VTK4.2\lib\vtk\tcl\  which contains the VTK packages with pkgIndex.

Can you help me for overcoming this problem? Thanks.