[vtkusers] Applying Filter to MultiBlockDataset

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:13:55 EDT 2008

I am applying a custom filter to a multiblock data set. Everything
_seems_ to work and render fine but I have a question about all this.
My custom filter takes a "vtkUnstructuredGrid" as an input. The data
is coming from a custom reader that is based on the
MultiBlockAlgorithm and has 2 "Blocks" of data. Each block happens to
a "vtkUnstructuredGrid" data object. So am I just getting lucky in
this respect or should I be specifying something else in either the
filter or the reader? Or is the filter being applied to _each_ block
from the MultiBlock Data set?

Thanks for any clarification
--
Mike Jackson