[vtkusers] Applying Filter to MultiBlockDataset

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Mar 25 21:07:24 EDT 2008

As long as all algorithms use vtkCompositeDataPipeline as the
executive, you are fine. The executive will loop over all the
leaf-nodes (vtkDataSet sub-classes) and call the filter on each. You
can make sure that all algorithms use vtkCompositeDataPipeline using
vtkAlgorithm::SetDefaultExecutive(). Ah, you have to make sure that at
the end of the pipeline you have the right consumer. Either a
multi-block mapper or a geometry filter that can produce a single
polydata.

-berk