[vtkusers] Error Compile VTK in the MinGW

Paulo Henrique Junqueira Amorim paulojamorim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:01:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

Have compile without error leaving VTK_USE_TK OFF,  ON this option and
compiling in Visual C + + 2005 is not the error. But not so good angen it.

I have another problem in relation to link the library, I was in the folder
... \ Python \ setup.py

MS-DOS
python setup.py intall

In the Python
>>> import vtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "vtk\__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
    from common import *
  File "vtk\common.py", line 9, in <module>
    from vtkCommonPython import *
ImportError: No module named vtkCommonPython

It does not generated the vtkCommonPython, only libvtkCommonPythonD.dll and
libvtkCommonPythonD.dll.a

I am using windows xp professional sp2.

Regards,
Paulo Henrique Junqueira Amorim