[vtkusers] Point-Set to Iso Surface

Oliver Kania ptw.freiburg at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:08:14 EST 2008

Hello !
I basically have a 3-d point-set which is created from points in the
XY plane plus a measured value that is mapped to  the z-coordinate.
What  I tried is doing a 2D-Delaunay and then apply a contour-filter.
However, the contour-filter seems to have no input data.

Here is the code:

vtkMccReader reader = new vtkMccReader();
            reader.SetFileName("D:\\data\\verisoft\\2005-12-13 16'51.mcc");

            vtkDelaunay2D delaunay = new vtkDelaunay2D();
            delaunay.DebugOn();

            delaunay.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort());
            // map the data to polygons
            //draw contours

            vtkContourFilter contourfilter = new vtkContourFilter();
            contourfilter.SetInputConnection(delaunay.GetOutputPort());
            contourfilter.GenerateValues(5, 0, 0.2);
            contourfilter.Update();

Please note that it works if I use delaunay only.

Best regards, Oliver