[vtkusers] VTK writing a custom image loader

Oliver Kania kania.oliver at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 03:13:55 EST 2008

Hello !
I found the code from SimplePointsReader quite helpful
to write my own Geometry-Data-Reader.
However, I do need an Image loader for the same Data.
I see two possibilities:

1. load the data directly by writing a custom image loader.
We have points in the xy-plane and each point has a value
that should determine the color (grey-scale)
Could someone please give a detailed instruction on how to write such
a loader ?

2. Convert the loaded point-Data (The color-value is used as the
z-coordinate)
    to an image using DataSetToImage filter.
    However, there are no examples on how to do that.

Best regards, Oliver